Education and Certification Business Development Manager
An opportunity has arisen for an Education and Certification Business Development Manager to join ISSA, the Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association, to manage and further develop a range of educational activities and to roll out our Certification programme (CIMS), in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
This exciting position requires a highly motivated industry professional who can demonstrate a consultative sales approach to business and is able to demonstrate a successful track record within the FM and Cleaning Sectors.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in establishing the Cleaning Industry Management Standard Certification programme in UK and Ireland as the go-to accreditation for Cleaning Contractors and in-house Cleaning Services providers and in driving revenue growth.
The candidate must have the ability to work closely with colleagues, industry professionals, association members, members and potential new members and customers, to increase the adoption of ISSA portfolio of training and education programmes across the cleaning industry in the region and to raise ISSA brand awareness.
ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association is proud of its commitment to developing and enhancing the value of “clean” and this role forms part of its’ strategic approach to this mission.
As you would expect for such a well-founded Organisation, the “package” is commensurate with the role and as an equal opportunities Employer, we look forward to receiving applications from suitable candidates who are ready to take on this exciting and challenging role.
Please submit your CV in the first instance to CERATA, the Cleaning Executive Recruitment and Training Agency, email@example.com.
ISSA Education and Certification Business Development Manager UK & Ireland
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, driven Business Development professional to establish ISSA education and certification programs in the UK & Ireland. Your main responsibility will be to expand current opportunities, drive new business and to grow revenue. The position is based in the UK.
This role will provide the ideal candidate with the opportunity to join an industry leading organization and have an immediate impact.
The ideal candidate will be a highly self-motivated, detail-oriented professional who can utilise a consultative sales approach to close business.
As Education and Certification Business Development manager you will be responsible for the development, marketing and sales of ISSA training, certification and education programmes in UK and Ireland.
Reporting to the International Education & Certification Director, based in Amsterdam, you will work closely with colleagues, industry professionals, members and potential members to develop a wide range of ISSA training and educational activities that respond to the needs of the UK and Irish cleaning markets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell directly to company owners and decision-makers in targeted cleaning-industry market segments by conducting remote and on-site sales presentations and demonstrations
- Manage all sales activities, from lead generation through close of sale to achieve regional revenue goals and performance KPIs
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of qualified leads and manage key accounts
- Building relationships with partner organisations, associations, industry peers, members and potential new members
- Focus on customer retention and certification renewals
- Promote the brand and raise awareness of ISSA including new memberships
- Inform management of progress by submitting activity and results reports, such as regular call reports, work plans, and monthly and annual analyses using a CRM tool
- Develop account management plans and identify key areas for improvement in the sales process.
- Spot market opportunities for new customers
- Develop innovative training solutions for our customers
- Work closely with programme management and marketing teams to achieve revenue goals
- Facilitate an environment that reflects ISSA positively – every interaction a wonderful experience.
- Answer inquiries and requests about ISSA programmes and their benefits
- Travel to industry events as necessary
- Coordinate and conduct various membership related projects as needed
- Collaborate with other staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management as needed
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Committed to continuously educating yourself by attending professional workshops, industry events, certification courses, and reviewing professional publications
- People person
- Have a strong business sense and ability to forecast major shifts in the marketplace you work in
- Strong knowledge of the cleaning or facility management industry and an understanding of what drives demand in the market
- Enjoy working with numbers
- Strong negotiator
- Great self-initiative
- Ability to work as part of a small but driven team
- Outstanding attention to detail, organisation skills, ability to meet multiple deadlines and targets
- Excellent customer service skills and outbound calling experience
- Familiar with CRM systems, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Software
- Experience data analysis and ability to produce and communicate reports
- Able to work within budget
- Experience in the cleaning or facility management industry required
- Business to business, commercial or relationship management experience
- At least 3 years prior experience as account manager or sales person; training and development experience a plus
- Experience in public speaking and ideally delivering training
This position will be required to work from home in UK with travel as needed to meet with customers and prospects.
If interested, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Territory Sales Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a successful Manufacturer of Cleaning Equipment to extend its’ sales team with the appointment of a Territory Sales Manager.
The role will require a highly motivated and sales-driven professional, who will be able to demonstrate the drive and enthusiasm, in order to manage and grow an existing business portfolio of accounts through Wales, The Midlands and parts of Lancashire.
Established in 1954 SYR is a pioneer of innovative cleaning solutions and is still at the forefront of cleaning technology and, along with supplying more than 500 distributors in the United Kingdom, holds international contracts with high-profile B2B and B2C customers.
A key requirement of this role is that the successful Applicant will be able to demonstrate an ability to manage business flow through Distributor Networks in the designated areas and will be able to ensure the smooth transition and reporting of business gained from the company’s national accounts initiatives via third party distribution channels.
The successful Applicant will be responsible and accountable for the business growth within this competitive sector and will report directly to the Group National Account Manager.
There is a substantial current level of business in the Area and the Company has set challenging targets for growth within the next three years to complement its’ significant turnover in other market sectors.
As you would expect, this position will attract a very competitive salary and commission/bonus opportunity for the right candidate and provide potential for the individual to grow and develop with this long established, but still highly ambitious company.
Computer literacy, excellent communication skills and ability to work in a focussed and self-motivated way are also required. A clean, full driving licence, and the availability to be able to work flexible hours due to the nature of this market environment are essential.
- Competitive Salary.
- Bonus scheme.
- Company Car.
- Smart phone, Computer, IPad and Laptop.
Click here to see what our candidates say.